More than 2 million people have been able to see Garabandal, Only God Knows online during Holy Week 2020. This year’s Holy Week will surely go down in history as the COVID-19 Holy Week. The film has been viewed more than 2 million times—2,074,472 times—to be exact, but we must also keep in mind that in these days of global confinement due to the pandemic, entire families have gathered around the computer screen to watch “Garabandal, Only God Knows”. That means that we can truly say that millions of people have seen the film across the globe.
And we aren’t exaggerating or just trying to get people’s attention when we say “across the globe”. If up until now we had only premiered in 29 countries, today we can say that we have reached homes in more than 100 different countries, including countries which are primarily Muslim and under Sharia Law, countries where the Garabandal Movie would never have been able to make it to theaters. We can point out Indonesia, where more than 50,000 people have seen the film, or Malaysia with a total of almost 20,000. But a significant percentage of views have also come from Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Qatar. Surprisingly enough, there were also 15,000 views from Hong Kong and 1,500 from Japan. Beyond a shadow of a doubt, we can say that this has been our best premiere, organized as it was by divine providence for the glory of Our Mother in Heaven.
During such an important week, we were also able to organize two online talks. The first one took place on April 8, 2020, Wednesday of Holy Week, with two of the main actors from the film: Rafael Samino and Esmeralda Perez. The second talk, on Holy Saturday, April 11, 2020, was given by Fr. José Luis Saavedra, Doctor in Theology from the University of Navarra. His doctoral thesis is the first ever to deal with the apparitions of Garabandal. Both talks helped the viewers to understand that the most important aspect of Garabandal is that the Blessed Virgin truly revealed herself to be a Mother who is very worried about our salvation. We were also able to reflect upon the prophetic content of Garabandal—the Warning, the Miracle and the Chastisement—and its relationship with the triumph of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
We would like to finish by following the advice offered by Our Lord in the gospel when He told us that “by their fruit you will recognize them” (Mt 7:16). Here are just a few of the many testimonies and the thousands of emails that we have received in these days and that allow us evaluate the type of fruit being born in so many souls:
- This movie has filled my heart with the desire to correct my path in life and to look upon Our Lady with child-like eyes. It’s a pity that I can’t go to Confession because the Churches are closed due to the coronavirus. (Kevin M.).
- I went to school with the Marist Brothers. I just got done watching the Garabandal Movie and I can’t stop crying and feeling loved by Our Blessed Mother. I have become an ungrateful child, but today I want to renew my love and devotion for our Mother Mary and revive my commitment to pray the Rosary every day. (José Manuel M.).
- After seeing this film, I am even more convinced about the presence of God in the Eucharist and the presence of His Mother, the Blessed Virgin, in my everyday life. I didn’t know about Garabandal, but I believe that what took place there was real. We should do penance, sacrifices and visit the Blessed Sacrament more often! (Zulay).
- It hurts to know that I have not loved her enough, at least a little, in comparison with how much she loves me. I think that she is very worried about us and she is finding it hard to find a way to help us turn back to God and live in His presence. (Erika).
- It is a great film. Truly, a great film. For several months I had fallen into being spiritual lukewarm. I wasn’t praying fervently anymore, I was no longer reading and meditating on the word of God, even though I have had a strong devotion to Our Lady ever since I was young. When I watched the film, my heart was filled with so much joy, hope, faith and love. I feel very happy because I have the great certainty of knowing that I will be closer to God again. (Eduardo S.).
- An excellent movie. An authentic spiritual adventure, with the reliable mark of coming from Above. Thank you for the opportunity to watch it!! (Francisco R.).
The testimonies go on, but this is enough to make us understand the intense spiritual experience that these viewers have had. We continue doing our part to make sure that this message of hope reaches the farthest corners of the world. On Holy Saturday, Our Lady of Sorrows granted us the gift of receiving the final translation of the Russian movie script. What a joy. Now we only have to find a way to premiere in Russia. If anyone has any ideas, we would love to hear from you.
May the Risen Christ fill your hearts with the joy of salvation.